Monday, April 27, 2015

Clara's Quiet Book

Today's post is special because we've never had a quiet book presented like this before. Clara from the blog Claras Nahkiste, instead of taking pictures of her quiet book, has made this video where she walks through the book and shows all of the interactive things that it does.

Clara's quiet book is huge and awesome. She has so many pages, and all of them look so fun to play with. Her video shows a clever cover and binding rings, a dress up page full of little clothes, a name page with moveable letters, a laundry page with socks that can go in a washing machine, an "I Spy" page with a removable bag full of things to find, a fruit-picking tree page (with multiple kinds of fruits and baskets, a weather and flower page,  a farm page (with adorable finger puppets - sooo cute), an igloo page with ice building blocks and snow characters, a car page with a big map of the town, an elephant with a tail you can braid, a camping page with a zipper tent, a clock page with moveable hands, and a mailbox with letters inside. Each page has more detail than I've summed up here, that's shown in the video. 

This book would be such a treasure to have as a child!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Clara, I'm 23 and I'm a crazy, sewing, Berlin teacher-to-be.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
 I made this book for my niece and godchild Sophie for her third birthday.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
I sew for more than three years now and I think I'm advanced.

How long did it take you?
I sew it over three weeks, in my semester break, all in all it took 66 hours.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
I used some templates from this blog and many inspirations from Pinterest.

What material are the pages made out of? 
They all are made of cotton fabric in different colors, many details are made out of felt.

What other materials did you use? 
Felt, as mentioned and something that's called Vliesofix in Germany. It's used to make appliqués.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
Because I bought nearly no fabric, the costs were small. I think about 30€.
  
What's your favorite page? Why?
My favourite page is definitely the car-page. I love, that the lights of the car can flash and that my niece can visit her grandmothers or grandfathers house. It's also the page, she likes most :)

To see Clara's quiet book on her own blog with some pictures and explanation of the book, click here: Claras Nahkiste: Quietbook Zum 3. Geburtstag.

Clara, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful quiet book with us!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment